- Take lengthy pauses between songs. Say nothing for extra effect while staring at the drummer displeasingly!
- Modulate, modulate, modulate!
- Keep your eyes fixed on the music stand. At all times. Do not look away.
- Always emulate Mariah Carey or Christina Aguilera in your singing approach. The more syllables, the better-yeah-yeah-ooooooh-errrr.
- Never practice together as a band before Sunday morning. Your collective talent is a gift from God that should not require any human striving.
- When in doubt, sing slightly off key. It’s helpful for the congregation.
- Clap. Even in slow songs. Yes Lord!
- Forget the words – and often. Make up new ones as the Spirit leads. In every song.
- Pick a key that is in the perfect range for your voice. Being the worship leader and all, you’ve earned it. Making sure that your voice sounds AWESOME is the most important part of leading people in worship.
- Practice your worship face. Make it pleasing to the Lord. (Ok this might be crossing a line, but I think it’s hilarious. Check out #WorshipFaceWednesday on Instagram)